Research Summaries: 2017 to 2020
We have summarised some key academic papers and research findings from across the disciplines - including neuroscience, psychology and biology – to view on-line or download:
- Why Choo-Choo is Better than Train: The Role of Register-Specific Words in Early Vocabulary Growth
Ota M, Davies-Jenkins N, Skarabela B
Cognitive Science (2018) 1-26
- Attachment security buffers the HPA axis of toddlers growing up in poverty or near poverty: Assessment during paediatric well-child exams with inoculations.
Anna B. Johnson, Shanna B. Mliner, Carrie E. Depasquale, Michael Troy, Megan R. Gunnar
Psychoneuroendocrinology95 (2018) 120–127
- Differentially Methylated Genes in Saliva are linked to Childhood Stress
Papale, L.A., Seltzer, L.J., Madrid, A., Pollak, S.D. and Alisch. R.S. (2018)
- Technoference: longitudinal associations between parent technology use, parenting stress, and child behaviour problems
B.T. McDaniel and J. S. Radesky.
Pediatric Research 13th June 2018.
- Neurohormones and temperament interact during infant development
Jones, N.A. and Sloan, A. (2018)
Philos Trans R. Soc Lond B 373 (1744): 20170159
- Lost connections: Oxytocin and the neural, physiological and behavioural consequences of disrupted relationships
Pohl, T.T., Young, L.J. & Bosch, O.J.
Int. J. Psychophysiology 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2017.12.011
- Mothers’ and Fathers’ Sensitivity With Their Two Children: A Longitudinal Study From Infancy to Early Childhood
Elizabeth T. Hallers-Haalboom, Marleen G. Groeneveld, Shiela R. van Berkel, Joyce J. Endendijk, Lotte D. van der Pol,
Mariëlle Linting, Marian J. Bakermans-Kranenburg and Judi Mesman
Developmental Psychology 2017. 53 (5), 860-872
- Association between maternal childhood trauma and offspring psychopathology: mediation analysis from the ALSPAC cohort
Plant, D.T., Jones, F.W., Pariante, C.M. and Pawlby, S.
British Journal of Psychiatry (2017), 211, 144-150
- Disorganized attachment in infancy: a review of the phenomenon and its implications for clinicians and policy-makers
Pehr Granqvist, L. Alan Sroufe, Mary Dozier, Erik Hesse, Miriam Steele, Marinus van Ijzendoorn, Judith Solomon, Carlo Schuengel, Pasco Fearon, Marian Bakermans-Kranenburg, Howard Steele, Jude Cassidy, and 32 other authors
Attachment and Human Development, 2017 vol 19, No 6, 534-558
- The Future of Preschool Prevention, Assessment and Intervention
Hudziak J, Archangeli C
Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics, North America 26 (2017) 611-624
- Speaker gaze increases information coupling between infant and adult brains. (2017)
Leong, V., Byrne, E., Clackson, K., Georgieva, S., Lam, S., and Wass, S.
PNAS, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1702493114
- All our Sons: The Developmental Neurobiology and Neuroendocrinology of Boys at Risk (2017)
Allan N. Schore
Infant Mental Health Journal 2017Jan: 38 (1), 15-52 DOI: 10.1002/imhj.21616
- Serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) polymorphism and susceptibility to a home visiting maternal-infant attachment intervention delivered by community health workers in South Africa: Reanalysis of a randomized controlled trial (2017)
Morgan, B., Kumsta, R., Fearon, P., Moser, D., Skeen, S., Cooper, P., Murray, L., Moran, G. and Tomlinson, M.
PLoS Medicine DOI:10.1371/journal.pmed.1002237
Serotonin transporter gene (SLC6A4) polymorphism and susceptibility to a home visiting maternal-infant attachment intervention delivered by community health workers in South Africa: Reanalysis of a randomized controlled trial
- Impact of early personal-history characteristics on the Pace of Ageing: implications for clinical trials of therapies to slow aging and expand healthspan (2017)
Belsky, D.W., Caspi, A., Cohen, H.J., Kraus, W.E., Ramrakha, S., Poulton, R. & Mofitt, T.E.
Aging Cell 1-8 Doi: 10.1111/acel.12591
- Elevated cortisol levels in Norwegian toddlers in childcare (2017)
Drugli, M.B., Solheim, E., Lydersen, S., Moe, V., Smith, L., Berg-Nielsen, T.S.
Early Child Development and Care